Harrisburg University's online payment processor, Transact Integrated Payments has notified us that effective July 5, 2023, there will be an increase to the convenience fee associated with credit or debit card payments. This fee is currently 2.75% and will increase to 2.85% for US card payments and 4.25% for international card payments. Despite the increased fees, this remains an industry standard rate. Harrisburg University does not retain any of this fee as it is remitted directly to the financial institution responsible for processing your card.
- The 2.75% convenience fee will increase to 2.85% for domestic* card payments. This convenience fee will be added for online credit and debit card transactions involving student tuition payments and/or other services. For example, a $1,000.00 tuition payment would result in an added $28.50 convenience fee to your transaction
- The new convenience fee for international* card payments will be 4.25%. This convenience fee will be added for online credit and debit card transactions involving student tuition payments and/or other services. For example, a $1,000.00 tuition payment would result in an added $42.50 convenience fee to your transaction.
*The difference between domestic and international cards is related to the bank affiliation of the card. If your card is affiliated with a US bank, then it is considered domestic. If your card is affiliated with an international bank, then it is considered international. The percentage that you will be charged is disclosed for your review prior to completing the transaction.
- The minimum service fee for transactions is $3
The University will continue to offer payment options that do not incur a convenience fee. No additional fees will apply for the following types of transactions:
- Online ACH/electronic check payments, via MyHU payment portal
- Paper checks – Paper checks may be mailed to Harrisburg University Business Office, 326 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
- In person payments of cash, check, money order, or cashier’s check can be made at the HU Business Office
- International Funds Transfer - foreign currency exchange rates apply
If you have any questions regarding the convenience fee program, please feel free to contact the HU Business Office by submitting a ticket via our help desk portal. Support : Harrisburg University Business Office