The IRS does not require institutions to provide a 1098-T to nonresident aliens. However, Harrisburg University chooses to do so for individuals who have provided the institution with a valid SSN or ITIN. While we cannot provide individualized tax advice, nonresident aliens generally cannot claim either of the education tax credits – the Hope Credit or the Lifetime Learning Credit. 

The following resource is made available by the IRS to assist you in determining your eligibility. Please consult a licensed tax professional if you have any questions.

Nonresident Alien Figuring Your Tax | Internal Revenue Service (